Thursday, January 18, 2007

Welcome Back Deepak Thapa

After the overwhelming success of the yesteryear hit "Bidesh Janey mayalu Timilai" (Included in the Collection album 'Avisekh' and released way back in 1995), Deepak Thapa seemed to have got rid of his microphone. The song became an instant hit and a regular chart topper. People waited anxiously for more music from him. However, he wished not to make anymore music and was even considered ‘a one hit wonder’!

We decided to talk to him and he shares that he is a "busy man" these days. He admits, "I have been tied up in doing guitar works and music arrangements. On an average I do about 22 guitar takes everyday. The entire day I am busy with it and in the evenings, I am engrossed in doing music arrangements especially for new artists." He also cares to share that he is planning to release his solo album very shortly. "This album will feature songs from my previous album 'Avisekh' along with some other songs. The songs that I have chosen from 'Avisekh' are "Bidesh Janey Mayalu Timilai", "Tesaile Mayalu", "Mera Nayanka Sagar" and "Timi Mero Maya Bani". Since I have a hectic schedule, I can't say right now when this album will be released. One thing which is definite is that I will release it some day soon since my family and my friends are keen to see me do it. I too want to go ahead as soon as I can take the time out to do so." states Deepak.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deepak Thapa is the best guitarist of Nepal.

His guitar play style is unique, smooth, full of Harmonize and full of true melody.

I do not know why he did not have own band and he did not perfume concert. If he does not have own band members, he needs to tie with other singer and do concert tours.

He needs to setup band and he need to do concert tour in Hong Kong, Australia, USA etc.

There is lots of his fan in overseas….